Effective Date: January 1, 2017
At McKesson U.S. Pharmaceutical ("McKesson" or "we"), we value the trust that pharmacies place in us to appropriately use and protect personal information. This Privacy Notice informs users of McKesson Connect about the purposes for which we may collect, use and share personal information and how it is protected. By using our website, you accept the privacy practices presented in this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to read this Privacy Notice in full to understand our privacy practices before using this website.
This Privacy Notice applies only to the McKesson Connect website (www.connect.mckesson.com). McKesson affiliates and subsidiaries, as well as McKesson business partners and other third parties, may have independent Privacy Notices and Privacy Policies. We encourage you to read the privacy notices of all websites you visit to understand their privacy practices and your options.
Personal Information We Collect
When you use McKesson Connect, we may collect personal information about you in order to make McKesson Connect work. Personal information is any information accessed, collected, or used by McKesson that identifies an individual, or can reasonably be used to identify an individual, whether directly or indirectly. The personal information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Contact information such as your name, business email address, business address, business telephone number (office, cell, fax, etc.), organization name and job title
- Identifiers and preference information such as your username, password, IP address, browser type, operating system, computer or mobile device type, location, navigation and clickstream behavior from actions that you take on this web portal
- Financial Information, such as your business financial institution account number
Tracking Technologies We Use
We use various technologies to collect personal information about users of McKesson Connect. These technologies include the following:
- Web logging
- As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data.
- Cookies and other tracking technologies
- Geo-location Services
- If you enable a location-based service in your browser, we may collect information about your location to identify and analyze regional response time issues with McKesson Connect. Your browser or other device may use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
How We Respond to "Do Not Track" Signals
Although some web browsers have a 'Do Not Track' feature (which allows you to signal websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked), such features are not uniform across browsers and not broadly supported. McKesson Connect does not respond to these signals.
How We Use the Personal Information Collected
We may use the personal information we collect for purposes such as:
- Improving site content
- Responding to inquiries, requests and activities
- Sending important notices and other communications to you
- Further improving our products and services
We may also use the information collected for the following purposes:
- Surveys or Contests
- If you participate in surveys, we may request certain personal information from you within these surveys. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Although we may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests, we will not share personal information provided through a contest or survey, with other third parties, unless we give you prior notice and choice.
How We Share Personal Information Collected
- McKesson U.S. Pharmaceutical does not sell personal information about you to third parties.
- We may provide your personal information to third parties who help us with our business activities, such as payment processing services. These companies are authorized to use personal information about you only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Some of our pages may utilize framing techniques to serve content to/from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our website. Please be aware that you are providing personal information to these third parties and not directly to McKesson. When framing techniques are utilized, your personal information is subject to the privacy practices of the third party.
McKesson may also need to share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of McKesson if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of that information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users, McKesson, or the public as required or permitted by law
- Engage in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of McKesson assets .
Where appropriate or legally required, we will describe how information that we collect through McKesson Connect will be used and will provide choices about whether or not to allow us to engage in that use. To exercise your choice, you may discontinue information collection by deleting your user information on the website or discontinue accessing McKesson Connect altogether.
If you wish to subscribe to newsletters related to McKesson Connect, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. You may choose to stop receiving such newsletters or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or by accessing and managing the email preferences in your profile settings page s.
Access to Personal Information
McKesson Connect allows you to directly view, edit, or delete your contact information through your profile settings.
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active, as reasonably useful for commercial purposes, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
This service is not intended for any user under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
How We Protect Your Information
McKesson has established appropriate physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect from or about our users. We restrict access to personal information to McKesson employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to confidentiality obligations.
Any sensitive personal information (e.g., credit / debit card number) will be transmitted in an encrypted form using SSL encryption. Notwithstanding our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. If you have any questions about security or have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting McKesson at SecurityIncidents@mckesson.com.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may periodically update this Privacy Notice to describe new features, products or services we offer and how it may affect our use of personal information about you and your controls. Since we may change this Privacy Notice, we recommend that you check the current version available from time to time. If we make changes to this notice, we will update the "Effective Date" at the beginning of this notice.
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, our information handling practices, or any other aspect of privacy and security of your personal information, please contact us at: Privacy@McKesson.com.
You may also write to us at:
ATTN: Privacy Officer (Privacy Notice, US Pharma McKesson Connect)
2 National Data Plaza NE, 3rd Floor
Atlanta, GA 30329